Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello,I am attempting to edit a movie that i am reappropriating for an project...deadline this Sunday!The Movie has Dolby 5.1 surround sound and i need to retain this when importing into Premiere Pro to edit it.

Hi,not very technical as described in the long title!I am working in Adobe Premier C5 and have just brought a hard copy of a Movie that i want to import into Adobe so that i can remix and edit it there but i need to keep the 5;1 surround sound.Ive just been working with an editor who i drafted in to help me ,he uses Final Cut which is fine and i was quite happy to go with but when we ripped the movie he only ripped it in Stereo. and now my copy of Final Cut that im using is freezing up. Ive decided to maybe cut my loses and give it a go myself although the editor will still be available Monday its going to cost a small fortune to mash up so ive decided to give it a go myself first as the edits are pretty basic repeat double frame edits . So im left with a movie Rip that i cant use and software that is failing me.I aint got much time . .Anyone out there recommend step by step in detail recommended software & how to go about ripping and then importing as a new project the entire movie into Adobe so that so that i can edit in there with the Dolby 5.1 still in tact?Your Help will be much appreciated.Oh yeah im guessing sound card might be important here too?Any Ideas where to go from here?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 2, 2013 10:47 AM

1 reply

Hello,I am attempting to edit a movie that i am reappropriating for an project...deadline this Sunday!The Movie has Dolby 5.1 surround sound and i need to retain this when importing into Premiere Pro to edit it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.