Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to sort songs on iPad or iPod in iTunes

I used to be able to sort songs on my iPod using the column browser in iTunes; I recently got an iPad and noticed that the column browser option was greyed out. I puzzled over this for a bit but didn't mind since I don't listen to music from the iPad. However, I noticed a few days ago that the column browser is no longer available for music on my iPod either.

I know that to get the column browser option one must click on the "songs" tab near the top of the itunes window - but I don't have that table. The whole line with "Songs/Albums/Artists/Genres/Radio/Match" is gone. It's available for music on my computer, in my itunes library - but not for anything on the iPod or iPad.

I'm using an iPod classic, so I've got a huge amount of music there - not being able to sort using the column browser is a huge pain the boot!

Any tips?

Posted on May 2, 2013 11:50 AM

1 reply

Unable to sort songs on iPad or iPod in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.