Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently bought a 21.5" iMac (late 2012). In the box containing the wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse was a white packet containing two Apple logo decals and many thin sheets of a dark-colored looking film. What is the dark-colored looking film for?

I recently bought a 21.5" iMac (late 2012.) In the box that the wireless keyboard and mouse came in, there was a white packet containing two Apple logo decals, and also multiple sheets of what kind of looked like film. I have no idea what the dark-colored looking film is, or is for. Can anybody tell me? I sure would appreciate it. Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on May 2, 2013 12:09 PM

7 replies

May 2, 2013 12:57 PM in response to upsydaisysassy

The cleaning cloth in the transparent sleeve is a microfiber cloth just like is sold for cleaning eyeglasses. You would normally use it dry, as mende said, though if you have a stubborn bit of dirt on the screen you can dampen the cloth - and I do mean damp, not wet. Should you lose the cloth that came with the Mac, any normal eyeglass cloth will work as well.

Regards.

I recently bought a 21.5" iMac (late 2012). In the box containing the wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse was a white packet containing two Apple logo decals and many thin sheets of a dark-colored looking film. What is the dark-colored looking film for?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.