Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new computer with Windows 8 OS. Do I need to install drivers so that my Ipod Nano will sync with this new computer:

My daughter gave me a new Ipod (Nano) for Christmas. I had no problem download my songs from my old Ipod (Shuffle) to the new one. However - since I do not buy songs on a regular basis, I did not buy a new song until 4/29/13. Now for information...sometime in March my old laptop died, completely. I had to go buy a new one - which I did and this new one has Windows 8 Operating System on it (which I hate, btw).

Now, when I bout a song on Tuesday, the song did not go to my new Ipod. I tried everything and finally had to talk to a tech - who was very kind in helping me and we did get all my songs from Itunes to this new computer. I thought the song I bought would then go on the Ipod - but it did not. I had already hung up from the tech - since we had been talking on the phone for about an hour. He informed me that he was giving me a "courtesy break" because it has been over 90 days since my new Ipod was purchased ---- just my darn luck!

Anyway, I have figured out on my own that the new Ipod Nano is not synced with the new laptop with Windows 8. I have been trying for the last 2 hours to get it to do so and in doing so, found out that Windows 8 is not mentioned in any of the help forums. So...my question is: Do I need to install drivers on the computer or what? I will not be purchasing anymore music from Itunes until I get this matter resolved. Any help will be apreciated. Thank you.

Judy1942

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on May 2, 2013 1:33 PM

There are no replies.

I have a new computer with Windows 8 OS. Do I need to install drivers so that my Ipod Nano will sync with this new computer:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.