Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SWIRLING WHEEL - HOW DO I GET RID OF IT - TRIED EVERYTHING

I have one year old 21.5 iMAC - swirly wheel keeps showing up - I have deleted history - forced quit - restarted - I know I tried Pogo - and jave screen kept popping up - I have kept my computer pretty basic - everything in house is wi-fi - - but tired of this - doesn't get any better - - -now it says i have to enter a title yet won't let me enter anything - - I got Apple for security - is it prone to all these problems???

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), iOS 6

Posted on May 2, 2013 1:10 PM

6 replies

May 2, 2013 4:19 PM in response to dotv

The next time you have the problem, note the exact time: hour, minute, second.

If you have more than one user account, these instructions must be carried out as an administrator.

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Console in the icon grid.

Make sure the title of the Console window is All Messages. If it isn't, select All Messages from the SYSTEM LOG QUERIES menu on the left. If you don't see that menu, select

View Show Log List

from the menu bar.

Scroll back in the log to the time you noted above. Select any messages timestamped from then until the end of the episode. Copy them to the Clipboard (command-C). Paste into a reply to this message (command-V).

When posting a log extract, be selective. In most cases, a few dozen lines are more than enough.

Please do not indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

Important: Some private information, such as your name, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting.

May 2, 2013 5:44 PM in response to dotv

Very hard to help you with the general and limited info you have given.

How much RAM is installed in your IMac?

How full is your Mac's hard drive?

What OS X version are your running?

What is Pogo?

Is this isome kind of hard drive "cleaning" application?

Most of these types of apps are considered " crapware" and do more harm to the OS X system than what the app actually claims to do.

These types of apps and other apps like MacKeeper are to be avoided and considered harmful to your Mac.

Do you run any antivirus software on your Mac? Antivirus software can slow down and affect the normal operation of OS X.

How many applications do you run simultaneously in the background while working in another application?

Have you downloaded anything recently or earlier that could've started the issues you are experiencing on your iMac?

May 2, 2013 8:03 PM in response to dotv

Unfortunately my knowledge of iMAC is nil - I bought as my PC developed a worm when ISP had problems - and wanted something secure. I even went to local college to see if they had a Apple course - and the Community Center -- I feel it has something to do with JAVA etc., as I started playing Rummikub - and first game - and suddenly it will not download and that has been two months. I have had a PC since black and white monitor days -I have deleted history - someone from Apple said to Force Quit - cleared cache - -

May 2, 2013 8:41 PM in response to dotv

I think I seen your other posting here.

Seeing that you have little to no knowledge of Apple Computers or Macs, And since you still have AppleCare, you should call to make an appointment with your local Apple Store for diagnosis and make the needed software repairs to your iMac.

When you bring your iMac in for the repair appointment, explain the best you can the symptoms you are having with your iMac.

Another thing you can do, if you so not want to lug your iMac to an Apple Store, if you live within 50 miles of an Apple Store, you can have an Apple Tech come to your home to do the diagnostic and repair of your iMac.

Also, when you initially call, ask to see if there are any series of Mac basics classes or One on One classes you can take to learn about the basics of Macs and OS X and schedule a time for yourself and learn more about your iMac and OS X.

Good Luck!

😉

SWIRLING WHEEL - HOW DO I GET RID OF IT - TRIED EVERYTHING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.