Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red blotches on MacBook screen

Hi all - my MacBook has recently developed a problem, and I was wondering if anyone could help or had experienced similar issues.

When I'm viewing blacks on my screen there is a patch in the middle of the screen that instead displays a strange red/brown hue instead of pure black.
The area is perhaps 6 inches in total length, runs horizontal around the centre of the screen and is perhaps ~1cm thick, there are then some other splodges of the same colour just below.

However, the marks aren't visible at all when on a white screen/other colours - it looks fine then.

Has anyone got any ideas what this may be?

I'll try and get a photo of it tomorrow.

Cheers!

Posted on May 2, 2013 3:24 PM

6 replies

Oct 27, 2013 8:59 AM in response to Hawks009

Hi mate,

Apple ended up replacing the entire top lid/screen of mine after an angry phone call - I was still in warranty though.

From the shape of the marks it appears to line up with the space bar and area of the apple logo, so it must be applying pressure to the screen somehow.

It's probably worth phoning them up and explaining the situation. Maybe point out that the marks have been present for a while (during your warranty period) but have recently worsened. They're usually pretty good with customer service.

As an aside, if it's the white unibody macbook you have - are there any small cracks on the hinges? If so this is an design fault which affects the model that they would also be likely to sort out for you.
They look like this:
http://www.ijailbreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/rep1.jpg

Cheers!

Red blotches on MacBook screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.