Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand New Replacement Ipod Touch

This is really basic. I think I know the answer anyway, but I thought I'd ask just to check. I got a brand new replacement 4th gen ipod touch today. I just brought it home and haven't done anything to it yet. This is actually my 3rd replacement. The previous one I had received from the Apple store came inside the plastic casing the same as if you were to purchase it. The one I received today still had that thin plastic peel protector around it but I just wasn't given the case it would go in. They just gave me a brand new ipod like that. My previous ipod was last backed up a few days ago in my itunes. With this new one, would I have to synch it just like a new one or would there be anyway to transfer anything that had been backed up? As I said, this is really basic but I'm not very familiar with Apple products. I just know how to use an ipod.

Also, a seperate question but since it's been a while since I last had a brand new ipod, should I be leaving it to charge or something before using it or... What exactly should I do?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 2, 2013 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2013 3:49 PM

When you connect to iTunes for the first time, you will be asked if you want to "Set Up as New iPod," or "Restore from Backup." You can choose the backup option.

It does not matter when/for how long you charge the iPod the first time.

2 replies

May 2, 2013 3:54 PM in response to kwonlee

- Follow these instructions:

iOS: Transferring information from your current iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device

- I doubt it is new. You will only get a new one if they do not have any refurbished one available. The refurbished ones include a new back and new battery. If new it will come in a brown box, not like a retail new one.

- Just charge untill it is fully charged and then use it.

Brand New Replacement Ipod Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.