Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How are people dealing with duplicate photos when using photostream with Windows 8?

I've started using photostream with my new windows 8 laptop and am finding I've got a number of duplicate photos when I browse my photo library. I think what is happening is:

- photos from my laptop which I upload end up in their original location, the upload folder when copied to there (where I think they stay forever), and the download folder once synced (which again I think will remain forever)

- photos I add to shared photostreams end up multiple times in the download in their respective photostreams.

Are others observing the same behaviour? How are you organising your folders etc?

This seems like it needs some manual intervention to manage. I'm toying with removing the photostream upload and download folders from my photo library to try and remove the duplicates and then I think I'll need to manually clear the upload folder from time to time as well as manually copying photos in the download folder into my library (although if i remove them from the download folder will iCloud redownload them?)

I think I may still have a problem that the download folder will contain a mix of photos in my library already and other photos (eg from iphone). One solution might be to always add photos via iPad and so all photos coming into the download folder will be new to my pc.

What do others think and how does it work for you?

Thanks

Posted on May 2, 2013 4:21 PM

1 reply

How are people dealing with duplicate photos when using photostream with Windows 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.