Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 8 yr oldsomehow put a code on her nano and I don't know how to get the come. Please help

My 8 yr. old somehow put a code on her nano and idontknowhowtounlock it. Please help

iPod nano

Posted on May 2, 2013 9:50 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2013 2:01 PM in response to tiptoeslilmomma

Hi tiptoeslilmomma,

It sounds like your 8 year old put a Screen Lock on her iPod nano, which allows you to set a 4-digit combination to prevent someone else from using your iPod. When that feature is enabled and an iPod is locked, you must enter the combination to unlock the screen.

If that sounds like the situation you're in, this article has some troubleshooting steps:

iPod: How to use the Screen Lock

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1350

More specifically, the following section is the most pertinent:

You can unlock iPod in one of two ways:

• Enter the combination on iPod using the same controls you used to set the combination. If you do not enter the correct combination, the digits onscreen flash red. When you enter the combination correctly, iPod will unlock and return you to the last viewed screen.
  • Connect iPod to the primary computer you use it with (the first one iPod synced with), and open iTunes. When you disconnect iPod from the computer, it will no longer be locked.

If you can't unlock iPod using either of these methods, you can restore your iPod to factory settings. Please note that this will erase all data on your iPod. Afterwards, you can add your music and data back to iPod.If you want to change the primary computer that your iPod is associated with, do this:

1. Restore your iPod. Warning: The restore process cannot be undone. All of your songs and files will be deleted. Always make a backup of your important data.
  2. Connect your iPod to the computer that you want to be the primary computer.
  3. Open iTunes and synchronize.

Hope that helps,

David

My 8 yr oldsomehow put a code on her nano and I don't know how to get the come. Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.