Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 6.1.4 any problem?

improve speakerphone?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on May 3, 2013 1:04 AM

60 replies

May 3, 2013 2:17 AM in response to ellbow

None here, you will always get people saying an update hurt there phone, I have seen this since I have had a iPhone 3GS. This generally means the phone had issues and the update brought them to the surface, sometimes it is bugs of course. At 11.5mb its a small update and I have not had any issues myself. I make sure I have no apps running when I do the update and its always plugged in to the mains. I generally do OTA updates as well. Also remember when you see issues on forum you are seeing complaints, you rarely see people posting to say how great an update is 😉 Hope that helps.

May 4, 2013 12:15 PM in response to ellbow

After updating to 6.1.4, I cannot type in the message area of a new message. I have to restart my phone. If I tap within the message area, it doesn't respond with a cursor. This is only if I'm creating a new message to someone. If I go to an existing message, I can't tap directly in the message area to type, but if I swipe the keyboard up from the bottom it will let me type.

It's never done this before. I close all apps prior to updating.

Is anyone else having this problem?

May 5, 2013 11:22 AM in response to ellbow

I updated last night , via iTunes. Have not noticed a difference in sound and have never had any problems after an update. I have however noticed that after this update my battery is going down a bit faster. I use my phone all day at work every day so I know how my battery works and its for sure draining a tad faster than before the 6.1.4 update.

May 5, 2013 12:41 PM in response to ellbow

Well, I installed the update the day it was released. With the size so small, I opted to perform the update OTA rather than downloading the 900+MB full iOS download in iTunes. The download went quickly, the update applied, and my iPhone rebooted when it was done.

I haven't had any issues since the update. I can still send/receive messages, I can still make/receive phone calls. My battery still lasts the same as it did before the update (I also have the Mophie Juice Pack Air for my iPhone 5 so I can make it 24+ hours before I have to recharge).

I wasn't having issues before, and I'm not seeing issues after. If you have problems before installing the update, it may make them worse, unless your issues are with the items that are expressly addressed in the update. I have seen the same with Windows, if your computer is at all unstable, upgrading Windows seldom "fixes" it, it usually makes it worse...

May 6, 2013 9:03 PM in response to ellbow

After updating my ipohone5 IOS 6.1.4, my speaker volume through my mp3 connector is noticeably weaker/lower.

I use to just have it set on 3/4 volume and it would play fine through my car. Now I have to play it 100% volume and it still isn't the same.

Sorry if this seems confusing but I am talking about the headphone/car mp3 slot next to the charger hole.

Ios 6.1.4 any problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.