Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem in connecting

hello my name is tomer and i have ipod touch 4.
my problem is when i connect my ipod to the computer the itunes window show up but it doesnt show my ipod is connected and doesnt sync my ipod.

when i disconnect the ipod a bubble show up and says: an ipod has been detected but couldnt....please disconnect the ipod and connect him again (after i disconnected it...) so i did what the 'bubble' said and it always the same.
please help me, thank you Tomer

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.1, i dont know actually my iOS

Posted on May 3, 2013 3:18 AM

2 replies

May 3, 2013 5:08 AM in response to tomeronline123

I have the same problem with my newly bought iPod Touch 5. The connection to iTunes is not consistent, it just disconnects automatically while the toucht is still connected via cable. As an old user of Apple products, it's the first time for me to have such a strange problem. Never has an issue with my previous Touch 4 though. Please help, thanks!

May 3, 2013 5:09 AM in response to tomeronline123

- Try another cable and USB port

- Try another computer to help determine if you have an iPod or computer problem.

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

---The following will result in not being able to use the iPod if iTunes can't see the iPod so yu can restore it.

- Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

problem in connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.