Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Sync to Outlook

I have an iPhone 4S and I primarily use the iPhone Calendar/Contact app in my day to day life. I have an enterprise Blackberry 9700 that is synced to my Outlook at work.

My question is how would I sync my personal life calendar and contacts that is located on my iPhone to my Blackberry 9700 without overriding any of my Enterprise calendar and contacts?

Will syncing through Outlook cause any issues? I cannot take any chances losing my enterprise information.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on May 3, 2013 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2013 5:48 PM

You are syncing contacts and calendar events direct with Outlook on your PC with the Blackberry - not over the air with an Exchange account?

If so and you are running Outlook 2003, 2007, or 2010, you will be provided a merge prompt with the frist sync for this data with your iPhone and Outlook, which you want to select. The contacts and calendar events in Outlook that are not available on your iPhone will be transferred to your iPhone, and the contacts and calendar events on your iPhone that are not avaialble in Outlook will be transferred to Outlook.

After the initial merge with the first prompt, the data will be kept synchronized between the two with following syncs.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2013 5:48 PM in response to kumar-radio

You are syncing contacts and calendar events direct with Outlook on your PC with the Blackberry - not over the air with an Exchange account?

If so and you are running Outlook 2003, 2007, or 2010, you will be provided a merge prompt with the frist sync for this data with your iPhone and Outlook, which you want to select. The contacts and calendar events in Outlook that are not available on your iPhone will be transferred to your iPhone, and the contacts and calendar events on your iPhone that are not avaialble in Outlook will be transferred to Outlook.

After the initial merge with the first prompt, the data will be kept synchronized between the two with following syncs.

May 6, 2013 5:01 PM in response to kumar-radio

You will need to access a personal email account with Outlook that you can also access with the Blackberry's email client that supports syncing contacts stored locally on your computer's hard drive with Outlook over the air.

The personal email accounts that support doing this with the iPhone is an Apple iCloud account, Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail.

iPhone Sync to Outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.