Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I remove my original album from iTunes?

How do I remove an original album I posted on iTunes to sell? It is my copyrighted album and I want to take it down off of iTunes. Greg

Windows 7

Posted on May 3, 2013 8:36 AM

4 replies

May 3, 2013 9:16 AM in response to GregoryGarrett

If you own the account under which the album is sold, you should be able to log into iTunes Connect and remove the album. If this was posted by some aggregator or other entity, you will probably need to at least start by contacting that entity or have your attorney do so to get the matter resolved. If you are unable to identify who provided the album to the iTunes Store - I don't see any label identified for albums either from Gregory or Gregory L. - try contacting the iTunes Store and asking:

http://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

Regards.

Message was edited by: varjak paw

May 10, 2013 10:52 PM in response to varjak paw

He needs an attorney because he got music by other media other than the itunes store? that hylarious......-ly sad.

I got many songs composed/created/remasterized by me or my friends, but when the IOS got downloable for free the library got 100% duplicated, and some songs have 2 copies (triplicated or however you say it).

What I mean with this:

1) I can't contact "that entity" because there is no such entity

2) Even when I'm the composser or I got permission, I don't have a clue of how to remove the duplicates without the option (Same problem as Gregory )

Jun 13, 2014 9:51 AM in response to GregoryGarrett

Hi Gregory,

Glad I found your question which is the same as mine.

Since Tunecore recently added my album automatically to all the digital sellers they use, there is a duplicate of my album on iTunes side by side with my original independant listing of the same album, several years ago.

It looks inept, and has a different price.

To see the duplicates, search Harrogate album by Mary Kelley:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/harrogate/id266460470

The specific problem for me is looking in vain for a way to contact iTunes support for content providers, not for consumers of the iTunes content.

I have repeatedly hit the Wall which is iTunes support.

I had four email exchanges in which the Apple iTunes Customer Support kept sending me the wrong replies, i.e., how to deal with a problem with my iTunes purchases, as a consumer not a content provider, a seller.

For the first time as a loyal Mac/Apple user, I suspect the rep is not particularly human.

Today, I have realized that I'm going to have to call endless iTunes phone numbers, hopefully to speak with someone in Customer Support who actually knows something about our problem

It's possible that my problem is something I have to resolve with Tunecore. Being a newbie - I've only added one single since adding the album - Tunecore has only responded with automated replies which seem to say "Not Tunecore's problem. Contact iTunes."

If you've had any progress with this issue, please let me know.

Your comrade,

Mary Kelley

P.S. Here's the single, for your consideration, not related to our issue:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sylvia-said-single/id874580623

how do I remove my original album from iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.