Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete backup on external HD?

I have a LaCie 2d external Hard Drive to which I have been backing up. Can I just delete or drag to trash old (2008) back ups? (I have been getting disk error massages and my photo files are not being saved correctly. I think HD may be maxed out.) I have all my important LARGE files on the external HD. I don't want to back up my external HD by buying yet another external HD! I have been getting disc error messages.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 3, 2013 10:56 AM

2 replies

May 9, 2013 7:15 PM in response to mende1

Thanks but I tried this and no longer am able to open my files. It suggests I copy them and reformat the drive. My LaCie external HD does not mount unless I restart. It shows my files, but I am unable to open them. Could it be a power cord? I've seen some mention HD not mounting because of power cord problems. I don't know how to copy the files from the external HD to a new HD if it's the problem with the whole HD.

Delete backup on external HD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.