Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dashboard widgets not working. I trash the dashboard .plist and redo all widgets then after a restart. Widget not working again.

Dashboard widgets not working. I trash the dashboard .plist and redo all widgets then after a restart. Widget not working again.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 3, 2013 3:42 PM

1 reply

Dec 22, 2015 7:47 AM in response to dellarrin

Some time after installing OS X El Capitan, my dashboard widgets all froze. They are all standard Mac widgets. I tried deleting all of them, then reinstalling. They then worked for a week or so, but froze again. Clock doesn't run. Stocks, calendar and temperature are frozen at Dec 11. (Today is December 22.) Converter is frozen with the last conversion I did before December 11.

I could delete and reinstall all widgets. But this is a crappy way to get what appears to be only a temporary fix.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.