Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cross Dissolve using unwanted footage

I trimmed the first part of a clip to eliminate a person walking in front of my subject who momentarily started her song. When I put the clip in the timeline and put a cross-dissolve at the end of the prior singer, the cross dissolved sucked back in the portion of the clip with the person walking in front of my subject. I tried several methods to get rid of this but can't seem to do so. Of course, without the cross dissolve the two adjoining clips are OK. Any help would be appreciated, since I really would like to use a cross-dissolve.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on May 3, 2013 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2013 6:13 PM

Trim the shot with the person walking in front. At the top of the transition is a bar with three drag points, one on each end to ripple, and one in the middle to roll the edit. Track one of the ripple handles (from your description probably the one on the left) to trim the shot and lose the bit with the obstruction.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2013 6:13 PM in response to lburech

Trim the shot with the person walking in front. At the top of the transition is a bar with three drag points, one on each end to ripple, and one in the middle to roll the edit. Track one of the ripple handles (from your description probably the one on the left) to trim the shot and lose the bit with the obstruction.

Cross Dissolve using unwanted footage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.