Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete a podcast, not just episodes of it from iPhone

I have the podcasts app (the one with the purple logo) on my iPhone 4. I don't sync my iPhone with any other device.

I subscribed to some podcasts that I now want to remove completely from my list. I don't want to remove episides; I want to drop this entire podcast. I can't find a way to do this.

In the My Podcasts window, the first thing I tried was swiping the line for that podcast, hoping I could delete it like I can delete individual episodes. No luck.

So I pressed the > arrow for that podcast and got a menu that has only an "Edit" button and a "Settings" button.

But there was no "Delete this Podcast" button! (That would be too logical.) The Edit button is grayed out. So I used Settings to turn my subscription to OFF. I turned Auto Downloads to Off. I individually removed all previously downloaded episodes. Still the title turns up in my Podcasts list.

I've tried swiping, tapping, and scrolling every window I can think of. How do I get rid of these unwanted podcast titles that are cluttering up my list -- using only my iPhone?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 3, 2013 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2013 5:24 PM

Settings/General/Usage/Podcasts

Edit

Select podcasts for deletion.

8 replies

May 24, 2013 10:51 AM in response to scheeko

Well ... <deep breath>. You're right! And I guess that's what the earlier poster said too, without the picture. Thank you so much.

And yet ... I still don't know how to reliably get to that menu. Right now I am looking at my Podcasts app. (I don't know how to add a picture of an iPhone screen). Instead of Podcasts as the main screen name, I see My Podcasts and to the left it says Store, not Edit. This is what I always see. I click on Store, and that's no help; I got back to Libary, and Store is where Edit "should be." To the right of My Podcasts is the reload arrow and the Now Playing button.

After reading your post, I clicked on the "reload" circular arrow and -- miracles! -- got an Edit button where Store usually is, and was able to delete those unwanted podcasts. But now, once again, I can't figure out how to get Edit to come up. Of course I no longer need to Edit, but I would sure like to know how to get it to come up. If you can show me how to go from opening Podcasts to finding the Edit button, every time, I would appreciate that on top of being very grateful that you've already helped me get rid of this annoying problem.

(The lack of Help features in Podcasts, and all apps, perpetually drives me crazy.)

May 24, 2013 11:16 AM in response to teachinator

Almost there then! : )

Unless we have different versions of the app – mine is the last update, I don't have an old one to check out if the behaviour is different – it should be visible when the app starts. That being said, the "edit - search - display view" bar is not a fixed menu bar like the "store - ... - now playing", but slides with the podcast list. So if it's not visible, try pulling the list down:

User uploaded file

There is some (limited) help for Apple's iOS apps here.

PS: If you want to take a screenshot of your iPhone's screen, you can do it by pressing the home button + power button simultaneously. You'll see and hear a flash and the image will be stored on the camera roll. Then you can share it in any of the usual ways. You can only upload it to a discussion here, though, on a regular browser, since most mobile ones (on iOS at least) don't support file uploads.

Jun 20, 2013 7:40 AM in response to teachinator

If I'm not mistaken, your issue may be the same as mine. I would delete the podcast from my mobil but once I sync iTunes puts the podcast right back onto my device. Then I end up with all those deleted podcasts AGAIN! If you are in iTunes, look on the left side and see where it says 'podcasts'. Click on that and you can "edit" your podcast list. Go and get rid of those unwanted podcasts and see them no more!

Mar 27, 2016 1:31 PM in response to david267

This was amazing!!! I have an old Ipod, before the Iphones, and I had that same question regarding deleting podcasts! I have tried every which way to delete them, evening listening to them in hopes of them deleting after listening! Thank you for this answer, I would have never thought of the Usage option before. Completely happy now! 😎

How do I delete a podcast, not just episodes of it from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.