Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete photos in iphoto?

How do I delete photos in iphoto? I mainly use "events" to sort and organize my photos. I need to clear up extra space and get rid of old photos so they can be deleted from iphoto all together but it would be easiest if I could some how just delete entire "events".

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on May 3, 2013 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2013 5:59 PM

Deleting Photos from an iPhoto Library:

1 - from an Event or the Photos mode: select the photo(s) and use the Delete key to move the photos to the trash bin. Then empty the iPhoto Trash bin as follows:

User uploaded file

2 - from an album, smart album, book, slideshow, card, etc.: select the photo(s) and use the key combination of Command+Option+Delete to move the photos to the trash bin. Then empty the trash bin as above.

NOTE: deleting a photo from an album, slideshow, book, etc., with only the Delete key only deletes that photo from that item. Deleting a photo from an Event deletes ALL occurances of that photo in the library.

OT

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2013 5:59 PM in response to KellyCreston

Deleting Photos from an iPhoto Library:

1 - from an Event or the Photos mode: select the photo(s) and use the Delete key to move the photos to the trash bin. Then empty the iPhoto Trash bin as follows:

User uploaded file

2 - from an album, smart album, book, slideshow, card, etc.: select the photo(s) and use the key combination of Command+Option+Delete to move the photos to the trash bin. Then empty the trash bin as above.

NOTE: deleting a photo from an album, slideshow, book, etc., with only the Delete key only deletes that photo from that item. Deleting a photo from an Event deletes ALL occurances of that photo in the library.

OT

Aug 15, 2016 12:13 AM in response to KristiKeeKee

It is the exact answer - I guess you need to spend less time making multiple crazy posts and more time understanding software the many tens of millions of people use and love with no problems

If you actually have a question then post it with no editorials and include exact details of your system and your problem - ThreadJacking other people's threads with crazy posts is RUDE and totally unproductive

LN

Aug 15, 2016 8:11 AM in response to KristiKeeKee

With the amount of information you've provided it's impossible to offer a solution. We can't see your computer so we need to know the details of your problem and setup, i.e.:

• what system are you running?
  • what version of iPhoto are you running? Or are you running the new Photos app?
  • what methods have you tried?
  • where is your library located?
  • did you apply any updates or upgrades just prior to the problem occurring?
  • are you running a "managed" or "referenced" library?

User uploaded file

• what type of Mac?
  • how much free space on your boot drive?

Until you give us this information we won't be in any position to help you.

Dec 27, 2016 10:10 AM in response to pkgoode

pkgoode wrote:

From Photos version 2.0, select the photos that you want to delete and press <Option> <Command> <Delete>

That is correct - however if you notice this is the iPhoto for Mac forum not the photos for Mac forum and the OP specifically ask about deleting from iPhoto for Mac - so the answer is to their question not to a different question about different software that has a different forum that they did not ask

LN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.