Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the problem with Safari that I can't seem to download mp3s?

I recently got a nice little app that lets me post audio to twitter.

It's called mp3twit

I uploaded some tracks I own all the rights to, but even tho it's confirmed that they uploaded, I cannot play them online nor can I download them. They are not AAC files. They are .mp3 files.

If I try to download I do "download linked file as..." and it goes into my download folder but the file shows up as an html file or else, when it DOES know it's an mp3 it shows up with zero bytes.

I've worked with other people's files listed on that site. Some download properly and are about 2 mb. I can hear them online as well. But most don't and have the same problem as mine. But they are listed as "Popular tracks" and the site shows multiple plays and downloads for them, so SOMEBODY is able to download them. Is there any trick that will let me use this easy app? does anybody have any suggestions as to why it doesn't work? I don't really think it's Safari because I tried using Firefox as well. I'm using the latest version of Safari and Java and OS 10.8.3 on an imac.

Posted on May 3, 2013 6:53 PM

3 replies

May 3, 2013 8:10 PM in response to andyBall_uk

Yeah, most other people's files download properly (tho I have to "view element" to get it to truly download mp3 instead of html.) It's pretty wonky. I did a thorough examination of the process in Firefox, same problems. I think it's really just designed to work with pcs. I'm going to give up on it and use a different and more complicated process. It woulda been nice.

Is the problem with Safari that I can't seem to download mp3s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.