Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photos have disappeared from iphoto.

My photos have disapppeared from iphoto. I brought a nw imac and got someone to transfer the photos over to it. However, in iphotos now all I have is a blank event folders with the names of the events below but no photos in it. If I go into finder, images then the photos are still there but how can I get them all back into iphotos as it would take me ages to transfer each photo individually. Many thanks for any help.

Posted on May 4, 2013 1:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2013 2:56 AM

Go back to the "someone" who transferred the material over for you and get them to do it correctly.

To move an iPhoto Library to a new machine:

Link the two Macs together: there are several ways to do this: Wireless Network,Firewire Target Disk Mode, Ethernet, or even just copy the Library to an external HD and then on to the new machine...

But however you do choose to link the two machines...

Simply copy the iPhoto Library from the Pictures Folder on the old Machine to the Pictures Folder on the new Machine.

Then launch iPhoto. That's it.

This moves photos, events, albums, books, keywords, slideshows and everything else.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2013 2:56 AM in response to penrice1234

Go back to the "someone" who transferred the material over for you and get them to do it correctly.

To move an iPhoto Library to a new machine:

Link the two Macs together: there are several ways to do this: Wireless Network,Firewire Target Disk Mode, Ethernet, or even just copy the Library to an external HD and then on to the new machine...

But however you do choose to link the two machines...

Simply copy the iPhoto Library from the Pictures Folder on the old Machine to the Pictures Folder on the new Machine.

Then launch iPhoto. That's it.

This moves photos, events, albums, books, keywords, slideshows and everything else.

My photos have disappeared from iphoto.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.