Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my imac & Mac Book can't FaceTime

I have an iMac & Mac Book Pro, both using the same Apple ID & email address. Face Time is not working between them, what do I need to do?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 4, 2013 3:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2013 12:17 PM

Hi shapo,

To FaceTime a contact on your iMac or MacBook Pro, you'll need to FaceTime an Apple ID that is separate from your own.

iOS: Using FaceTime

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4319

When calling someone using an iPad 2 or later, iPad mini, iPod touch (4th generation) or later, or FaceTime for Mac: Use the email address designated for FaceTime of the person you are calling.

On iPad, iPod touch, and FaceTime for Mac, you need to add a person as a contact using the FaceTime or Contacts app before you can call them.

To summarize, a separate Apple ID will need to be used on each device.

Cheers!

Matt M.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2013 12:17 PM in response to shapo

Hi shapo,

To FaceTime a contact on your iMac or MacBook Pro, you'll need to FaceTime an Apple ID that is separate from your own.

iOS: Using FaceTime

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4319

When calling someone using an iPad 2 or later, iPad mini, iPod touch (4th generation) or later, or FaceTime for Mac: Use the email address designated for FaceTime of the person you are calling.

On iPad, iPod touch, and FaceTime for Mac, you need to add a person as a contact using the FaceTime or Contacts app before you can call them.

To summarize, a separate Apple ID will need to be used on each device.

Cheers!

Matt M.

my imac & Mac Book can't FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.