Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a iMac(2013 24inch) (10.8.3) and have been told by Mpix to calibrate my monitor using ColorMunki. Should I purchase "Photo" or "Display" HELP?

I have a iMac (2013- 24inch) 10.8.3 and have been told by Mpix to calibrate my monitor. Should I purchase Colormunki Photo or colormunki display? I am new to this calibration thing. I would appreciate any experienced advice about which item to purchase and why. Thanks

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 4, 2013 8:59 AM

1 reply

May 4, 2013 11:42 AM in response to pfleckphotog

The Color Munki Display is limited to calibrating displays. The Color Munki Photo can be used to calibrate displays, projectors, and printers.

The CM Display is less expensive and meets your needs. If you are using an outside printing service, or are printing on standard papers using popular printers (e.g.: Epson Hot Press on an Epson 3880), there is no advantage, IME, to making your own printing profiles. I have long used a CM Photo and have found it an excellent value.

The MPix recommendation is spot-on. You might find some good tips in this post as well.

I have a iMac(2013 24inch) (10.8.3) and have been told by Mpix to calibrate my monitor using ColorMunki. Should I purchase "Photo" or "Display" HELP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.