Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I phone 5 getting Heated after 6.1.4 update

Hello Everyone today i have updated my i phone 5 with the latest patch release for 6.1.4 but after doing an upgrade i am facing issue of device getting heated. It is happening frequently. What can be the issue. At the same time i want to mention that i am using a capdase cover to protect my i phone 5.

Waiting for the reply.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 4, 2013 9:53 AM

6 replies

May 4, 2013 6:59 PM in response to Suvit Sharma

Hello Everyone today i have updated my i phone 5 with the latest patch release for 6.1.4 but after doing an upgrade i am facing issue of device getting heated. It is happening frequently. What can be the issue. At the same time i want to mention that i am using a capdase cover to protect my i phone 5.

Waiting for the reply.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

May 7, 2013 7:39 AM in response to Suvit Sharma

I'm having the exact same problem, noticed it a couple of days ago when i felt heat coming out of my pocket. my iphone 5 was pretty hot and kept getting hotter to a point where i started to fear for it working properly.

now my battery life is only a couple of hours long, and the iphone keeps heating infrequently.

I noticed that it heated the most when it was trying to do something radio related, like send a picture on imessage with little reception.

I never had this problem before updating to ios 6.1.4.

May 7, 2013 8:55 AM in response to paulna85

Thanks paul for sharing your experience now it seems like i am not only one who is having this issue. But now what we can do about this problem as this heating issue happens all of sudden. I hope discussing this issue on the support is been seen by the experts. After spending good amount of money on this smartphone i dont know why we are having such kind of issues.waiting for the response from other members too. :(

May 7, 2013 12:52 PM in response to Suvit Sharma

I thought i would find something useful online and that a lot of people are having the same issue. my battery life is ridiculous. today i took my phone off the charger at 10 am, and i had about 20% at around 2 pm. i didnt use any program that would consume extra power or did anything i wouldnt usually do.

My phone is always a bit warm now and it gets peaks of heat.

Im aware the iphone 5's battery doesnt last long, especially with lte and cellular data, but a couple of hours after a full charge is unacceptable.

I read elsewhere that it was the ios 6.1.3 that was causing the heating issue, but ihad absolutely no problem before updating the os.

I phone 5 getting Heated after 6.1.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.