Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod shuffle is not being recognized by Itunes.

I tried all the steps in the Apple troubleshooting guide, no luck. I'm operating a PC, the current version if ITunes and a Version 4 Shuffle. Can anyone suggest a fix? Thanks!

iPod shuffle, Windows XP

Posted on May 4, 2013 11:10 AM

9 replies

May 7, 2013 3:12 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

Sadly when I follow the instructions, the iPod is not showing up in the Disk Management view. It does show when I go to My Computer as Removable Disk F. So, it appears as though the computer recognizes the Shuffle but nothing else... it's brand new, and I've managed to load music onto it once about 2 weeks ago. Now, nothing.

I'll just return it to where I bought it. Not impressed with Apple yet again.

May 7, 2013 3:22 PM in response to Raewen

If you see it in Windows as the F drive, that is good. So, I wonder why you are not able to follow the procedure to re-assign the drive letter. If Windows sees the iPod's disk, it should appear in Disk Management.

Try shutting down the computer, and disconnecting all USB devices, including hub. Start up the computer with only standard keyboard and mouse connected, if normally used. Do this to Reset the shuffle

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1655

Run iTunes. Connect shuffle to a direct USB port on the computer (the one you use with your iPod touch).

May 7, 2013 4:25 PM in response to Raewen

Glad to hear it's working. Thanks for reporting back with the outcome.

If you had other USB devices connected previously, it may also be a conflict, which can sometimes occur between USB devices on the same bus. If the problem returns when you connect other devices at the same time as your shuffle, try some combinations to see if you can isolate the conflict.

my ipod shuffle is not being recognized by Itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.