4 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2013 1:55 PM by iluvryguy
iluvryguy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I made an i-movie of my home videos, edited and added chapters, and then shared the i-movie to i-dvd, added a theme, then burned to a dvd. This is the process I always use. My movie is clear in imovie and idvd, but blurry on the dvd on my tv. Even the words "play movie" and "scene selection" are blurry. I made a movie the day before and it was fine, and I have done this many other times with no problem. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

Info: I have a desktop mac os x version 10.6.8, with i-life '11. Thanks, I hope someone can help!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
  • Baby Boomer (USofA) Level 9 Level 9 (56,165 points)

iluvryguy wrote:

I made an i-movie of my home videos, edited and added chapters, and then shared the i-movie to i-dvd, added a theme, then burned to a dvd. This is the process I always use. My movie is clear in imovie and idvd, but blurry on the dvd on my tv. Even the words "play movie" and "scene selection" are blurry. I made a movie the day before and it was fine, and I have done this many other times with no problem. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

Info: I have a desktop mac os x version 10.6.8, with i-life '11. Thanks, I hope someone can help!

Sounds like a problem between your external DVD player & your TV.  Start w/the basic & easiest.  Use a drive cleaner on your external DVD player.

2ue5vgy.gif

• AppleMan1958 Level 7 Level 7 (27,370 points)

If you used SHARE/TO iDVD, try this alternative workflow instead...

1) Use SHARE/TO MEDIA BROWSER in LARGE (960x540)

2) In iDVD, open the Media Browser and navigate to your project. Drag this version into your project.

3) Then burn as normal.

• iluvryguy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I will try this.

• iluvryguy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I just made an imovie a few hours before this one that turned out fine, so I don't think it is my dvd player or tv.