Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clean install OS X Lion Internet Recovery Error

I am trying to re-install OS X Lion from the Internet Recovery option on my Macbook Pro. I have formatted the drive and selected "Mac OS X Extended (Journaled)". Now when I go to click "Reinstall Mac OS X" it says, "To download and restore Mac OS X, your computer's eligibility will be verified with Apple." I click continue, then I get an error. The error reads, "An error occured while preparing the installation. Try running this application again."

I have tried resetting my cable modem and router, but the error persisted. What do I do next? I've reset the PRAM 4 or 5 times in a row, no change.

Posted on May 4, 2013 2:40 PM

15 replies

May 5, 2013 5:51 AM in response to drzenitram

As expert User MrHoffman told another User:

"Not all Mac systems are enabled for Internet Recovery. Here is a list of the supported systems.

In general, I'd recommend always having a backup, and also always having a local boot disk option available. Yes, these are obvious now, but these sorts of mistakes tend to catch most everybody — myself included — sooner or later."

Nov 12, 2013 8:42 PM in response to areohdeee

The most simple solution always works the best. I, too, was over-complicating this process when making a bootable OS X Lion disk, this works for all of the elements I require. Thank you so much for taking the time to post something so simple yet so effective ! - voilà

areohdeee wrote:

Check the system date, that fixed the issue for me..

Open terminal, type: date

Set the date to the correct date like this:

date 042109582011

which, believe it or not, sets the date to 09:58 on Apr 21st, 2011

Then try to recover again.

Clean install OS X Lion Internet Recovery Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.