Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain lion says i don't own it

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro 15 inch 2012 from the apple store; and i was told that mountain lion would now be registered to my account. I looked today because i decided to see what was new in mountain lion compaired to Lion (Which was on my old macbook). But when i looked, yea i could read mountain lion's features, but it isn't registered to me. As in if i wanted to resotre my own system, i'd have to pay for mountain lion again. How can i fix this?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 4, 2013 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies

May 5, 2013 12:39 AM in response to greekboy148

greekboy148 wrote:

Does it look like I'm asking how to install my copy of mountain lion on another laptop? No. If you read, you'd see that I was asking how to register my laptop or something so I don't have to pay for an OS I already paid for.

You don't have to pay for Mountain Lion on the computer it came on. If you ever need to reinstall it, you do so by booting up using Command + R keys and install from there. It will not show as 'registered' in the App Store. That will only show purchases.

Cheers

Pete

Mountain lion says i don't own it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.