Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Provider change - Unlocked Iphone.

My provider in England just unlocked my phone, Today I went to AT&T and bought a plan.

It all went through correctly, or so I thought. The phone shows at&t in the top left hand corner and 4g...making me think its working fine.

Anyway, I texted a few friends today and they all tell me the same thing: "your english number is still showing up" and not my american one.

I'm worried because ive made calls on this iphone and texted a few people - are they charging my english account?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 4, 2013 5:05 PM

5 replies

May 4, 2013 5:29 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Okay, so i've just signed out of my Apple ID and back in again (its showing my english number as grey and therefore not allowing me to change it. As it stands, im just waiting on a download (iphone software update) im just gonna reset my handset and hope that changes it.

I clicked settings>phone> my number----- it shows as American number

I clicked settings>messages>send&receive --- it shows as English number.

Any other suggestions? anyone? ha.

May 4, 2013 6:18 PM in response to sweetest_thing89

Okay, so ive just finished the software update and my iphone has been restored *music and apps are being put back on now* However, im still having the same problem.

I clicked settings>phone> my number----- it shows as American number

I clicked settings>messages>send&receive --- it shows as English number.

Anyone know any other ways?

would creating a new apple ID make a difference? cos' my current one is english?

Provider change - Unlocked Iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.