Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have OSX Lion installed and upgraded to Mountain Lion to enable airplay mirroring. My Mac Book Pro is late 2011 so it should work. I cannot see the airplay mirroring menu extra in the menu bar and also it is not in system preferences > displays.

I have late 2011 MacBook Pro with Lion 10.7.5 installed. I upgraded to Mountain Lion 10.8.3 to enable me to use airplay mirroring. However i do not get the airplay mirroring icon in the menu bar and it does not show up in system preferences > display. Anyone suggest what to do or if they have had this similar problem?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5), upgraded to Mountain Lion 10.8.3

Posted on May 4, 2013 6:38 PM

5 replies

May 4, 2013 7:12 PM in response to richardfromselangor

Assuming your Apple TV and Mac are on the same network, these suggestions come from the HT5404 article you attached:

___

Your Apple TV may be asleep. Simply press a button on your Apple TV remote to wake it up. After a few seconds, the AirPlay Mirroring menu extra will appear.

Make sure your Apple TV has the current software update installed.

___

Firewall security settings

If you use the firewall, make sure the following firewall security options have been set to allow AirPlay Mirroring to work:

1. Choose Apple menu () > System Preferences.
  2. Click Security & Privacy, and then click Firewall.
  3. Click the lock icon to unlock it if it's locked, then type an administrator name and password.
  4. Click Firewall Options.
  5. Uncheck (deselect) “Block all incoming connections” checkbox.
  6. Select (check) the “Automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections” checkbox.

I have OSX Lion installed and upgraded to Mountain Lion to enable airplay mirroring. My Mac Book Pro is late 2011 so it should work. I cannot see the airplay mirroring menu extra in the menu bar and also it is not in system preferences > displays.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.