Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Planar Helium PCT2785 touchscreen for mac?

Has anyone used planar Helium PCT2785 touchscreen for mac mini before? I am thinking of getting one.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on May 4, 2013 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 2:09 PM

Hey David, I can confirm that I got mine to work with OS X Mountain Lion (havent tried Mavericks but it should work too) - it wasn't easy, took some research but I managed to find some info.

I came accross some software called UPDD by Touch-Base, it can interact with the chip used for the HID interface on the device. It interprets the data and passes it to OS X.

I even got gestures working nicely (requires their seperate gesture server app), switching apps with four finger swipes and all that. My one complaint is that when I last tried all this, I was having intermittant interuptions when going to and waking from sleep. The software wasn't 100% reliable but was the best I could find, I think I was using it in evaluation mode. I will be setting it up again at some point now that I have clean installed Mavericks and will let you know how it goes when I do.

I believe the TouchScreen Controller inside the Planar PCT2785 is "3M Touch Systems, PCT, USB"

Here's their site: http://touch-base.com

-Chris

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2014 2:09 PM in response to wongdavid1

Hey David, I can confirm that I got mine to work with OS X Mountain Lion (havent tried Mavericks but it should work too) - it wasn't easy, took some research but I managed to find some info.

I came accross some software called UPDD by Touch-Base, it can interact with the chip used for the HID interface on the device. It interprets the data and passes it to OS X.

I even got gestures working nicely (requires their seperate gesture server app), switching apps with four finger swipes and all that. My one complaint is that when I last tried all this, I was having intermittant interuptions when going to and waking from sleep. The software wasn't 100% reliable but was the best I could find, I think I was using it in evaluation mode. I will be setting it up again at some point now that I have clean installed Mavericks and will let you know how it goes when I do.

I believe the TouchScreen Controller inside the Planar PCT2785 is "3M Touch Systems, PCT, USB"

Here's their site: http://touch-base.com

-Chris

Planar Helium PCT2785 touchscreen for mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.