Previous 1 2 Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2014 6:42 PM by alpal1
jaevi Level 1 (0 points)

i tried my iPhone to be synced and update my Back-up on my PC but it wont due to some error. the iTunes did not told me or describe the error, tried rebooting my iPhone and PC, Reinstalled my iTunes, Restored my iPhone. and still won't back up to my PC.

Photostream, Windows 7, iTunes back-up errors.
  • diesel vdub Level 7 (21,995 points)

That's unfortunate.

When you are ready to share the exact wording of the error, do so and we'll be happy to offer relevant solutions.

• jaevi Level 1 (0 points)

this keeps showing up Capture.JPG

• RubyenMcC Level 1 (5 points)

You may want to double check you have the latest version of iTunes.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2305

To use Software Update for Windows, click the Start menu and select Apple Software Update. Available updates will be shown. Click Install to download and install them.

Once you know you are up to date -

Unplug your iPhone.

Shut down your PC.

Turn your iPhone all the way off.

Holding down power, swiping off.

Turn your PC back on and open iTunes.

Turn your iPhone back on.

Plug your iPhone into iTunes and see if this fixes it.

If this does not fix it, you may want to contact AppleCare by phone from 7am-10pm Central for more technical help.

• Gary's Level 1 (0 points)

I have exactly the same error message. Any progress in solving this problem?

• Adinea Level 1 (0 points)

I am facing the issue with my iphone, and does not seem to be solved in any way.

Did anyone succeeded in solving this issue?

• jaevi Level 1 (0 points)

My iPhone 4s now works perfectly

1. Back-up your Mobile Device to your  iCloud if you dont have a iCloud Account I recomend that you create one.

2. Factory Delete or Restore Phone via Settings > General > Reset > tap the Erase All Content and Settings.

3. After Restore, please tap or restore it via backup from iCloud.

4. Connect it to your iTunes.

• SV4 Level 1 (0 points)

I have been facing this same problem since the last 1 week. I hate iCloud backup and prefer having it on my computer through iTunes. Since last week it has been giving me the error message "iTunes could not backup your iphone. Please restore the device"

Any help?

• SV4 Level 1 (0 points)

Also is there a certain file size beyond which iTunes cannot create a backup file?

• rollingtongue Level 1 (0 points)

same here.. i've been getting the same error message since monday (aug.5th)..

by chance i noticed that i can't play any of my playlists. once i go into it, the phone (4s) will basically fast forward thru all the songs in the playlist and then (a) shut off and go back to home screen, or (b) go back to the playlist.

i'm trying unsync my playlists and re-sync'ing again... hopefully that will solve this "backup" error.

but from what i'm seeing i almost get the feeling it's a bug somewhere and basically best thing is to wait for the update... if not desiring to go thru the route of resetting EVERYTHING (all app info/updates lost)

• rollingtongue Level 1 (0 points)

well unchecking and then checking the box to sync music library seemed to have done the work... but still can't backup the phone...

• docsnuz Level 1 (0 points)

don't be a jerk diesel.

• _nancyregina Level 1 (0 points)

my macbook says the same thing about backing up my iphone 4s... and i have the latest version of itunes .. weird. did you get it to work?

• David Barton2 Level 1 (10 points)

does anyone know, if you restore from the icloud backup, does it put back all your imessages including message history?

thanks

I have this problem and I have a icloud backup but am not sure what u get back once you restore from an icloud back up.

thanks for any replies

• 1womanarmy Level 1 (0 points)

I tried this and it worked:

On your desktop go to AppData > roaming > Apple Computer > MobileSync

Then delete the back up file

Try backing your device afterward. Hope this helps. It worked for me.

Previous 1 2 Next