Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube is causing my video drivers to crash

I have a 21.5-inch Imac that I purchased mid 2012. I have created a windows 7 partintion on my computer using Bootcamp. Occasionally, Youtube will cause my video drivers to crash, which also causes my computer to crash. I have updated as much as I could with flash, windows, and my bootcamp drivers, but it still happens. I believe this is due to outdated video drivers, I happen to know that there has not been an update to the bootcamp video drivers since 2011, while AMD has a far more recent driver update. If anyone knows another solution to this problem please let me know; however, I believe the problem is the outdated video drivers. Apple very much needs to remedy this situation, even if it is nt causing my specific issue.

MacBook, Windows 7

Posted on May 5, 2013 1:53 AM

10 replies

May 5, 2013 11:34 PM in response to Kuro92

Just happened to me for the first time tonight. It totally froze my kids Mac mini, so I cleared data/history, did a system reboot, disk utility... etc, still froze up. Then tried Chrome and no problems - which I hate to use (data mining). It was definitely the SamDUNG add. I then tested it on my MacBook Pro and it froze! Chrome is the only workaround, I have Firefox but haven't tried it.

May 6, 2013 9:23 PM in response to Kuro92

OK we all have acknowledged the problem, now are there any solutions out there besides switching to firefox? Does Safari have a Flashblock extension, are there any at the ap store, is there a work around or any other ideas? I do have one, if there are no other fix,then we must boycott youtube for the summer and try youtubes compitition. I know of three, never really gave them much of my time though. But seeing as how I'm being forced to by YouTube, I'm sure their compitition would appreciate their, umm, sporting gesture in forcing us to switch

Youtube is causing my video drivers to crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.