Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding music and associating it with clip or pic

Question... if I add a song to a movie that begins at a particular clip or picture. If I then move the picture, the song doesn't always stick to that picture. Is there a way to do this?

Another scenario... I add a song to a movie clip or pic. I then add stuff before that clip. How to make the song stick with that original clip and move with it?

thanks.

Posted on May 5, 2013 1:38 AM

7 replies

May 7, 2013 10:35 PM in response to AppleMan1958

Thanks AM...

Is there a way to pick out a clip in a song... i.e. say I have a 1min song. I want to use it from starting 30seconds into the song to 45seconds. Is there an easy way....

Currently I highlight the song.... play it to the begining of where I want it, then cut it and delete that begining part..... seems very tedious and not precise..... is there an easier way?

thanks

May 8, 2013 12:11 AM in response to Tigervision

Tigervision wrote:

… Is there a way to see the time marks on song? …

cmd-Y shows the actual playhead position.

consider Garageband, to prepare audio before usage in iMovie; it has better/more features, would allow remixing, layering tracks, applying elaborated audio-effects etc etc .....

http://help.apple.com/imovie/#mov3a9e580c

May 8, 2013 10:37 AM in response to AppleMan1958

Karsten... thanks! I wish I was that sophisticated to use GB 😉

AM.... I like the draging the borders, but only thing is I don't know where to stop. I often will preview the music in itunes and then I know for example, I want to start a song at 35 seconds into a song on a clip.... but then when I slide the ends, I don't know or can't see where 35 seconds is (so it is very tedious trial/error and I am sure it is me not knowing tricks). So I'll have to try Karsten's cmd-Y to see if that provides details of the timing on the song(when I get home).

Thanks again guys.

Adding music and associating it with clip or pic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.