Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prevent iPhoto 11 to import movies from NAS

Hi,

after a small update erlier this week (in Denmark), my iPhoto 11 suddenly import my movies from iTunes library, and other movies saved on my NAS, automatically and put them in "events".

It´s not the small homevideos/iPhone-movies from Photo Stream, but movies I bought from iTunes store and DVD-rip. iPhoto shows them in a very bad quality, and I really don´t need movies to "fill up" my iPhoto-library.

I also have my iPhoto library on my NAS.

Somebody knows how I can prevent this?

Best Regards

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 5, 2013 6:28 AM

2 replies

May 5, 2013 7:20 AM in response to Lennart.Johansson

For starters yoou need to get the iPhoto library off of the NAS - you will continue to have strange problems until you do - the iPhoto library must be on a volume formatted Mac OS extended (Journaled) - it is possible to put a properly formatted disk image on the NAS and use the iPhoto library from it but it is a bit of a pain - a local properly formatted drive is better

As to the errant import - not sure - I've not seen that reported and iPhoto does not automatically import anything - at best it opens when it sees a camera and you choose to import or not and can select what to import - my best guess is user error but no way to be sure without more information

I do not think that having the library on the wrong format drive would do that - but maybe - it does cause strange problems

LN

Prevent iPhoto 11 to import movies from NAS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.