Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to prevent Aperture/Flickr keyword integration

I have my flickr account joined to my Aperture account via a plugin (Flickr Export) and each time I add a tag to a photos in Flickr, it then syncs back and adds the tag to my list of keywords in Aperture. I sometimes add a lot of Flickr tags and they're often unique so this is flooding my Aperture library and making it difficult to find the tag I'm looking for in a sea of others that I don't use.

Any help preventing the flickr tags back syncing to the aperture library as keywords would be greatly helpful.

Thank you!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 5, 2013 8:34 AM

2 replies

May 6, 2013 8:56 AM in response to LongIslandCity

Any help preventing the flickr tags back syncing to the aperture library as keywords would be greatly helpful.

If you sync a library with Flickr, you cannot prevent the tags from being synced back.

But the keywords are specific to the Aperture libraries. You could use different Aperture libraries - one to be used for syncing with Flickr, and one library, where you do not enable the Flickr account. This would require to export the images you want to sync with Flickr to your second library, but maybe be less work than continuously having to edit the keyword list.

Other than that, you might want to make your Flickr-tags unique keywords, so that you can easily recognize by prefixes. Then the editing of the keywords in the keywords HUD can be quicker done by searching for the Flickr-prefix in the searchfield of the HUD.

May 6, 2013 9:00 AM in response to léonie

I would rely on the keywording shortcuts but I have way too many so I hit the shortcut to be able to manually type the first few letters then the rest usually autofills.

I use FlickrExport but I dont think that requires the library to be syned to Aperture right?

So now that I unsyned there definitely shouldnt be any tags from flickr turning into keywords in my aperture?

Thanks for the quick response. I really appreciate it!!

How to prevent Aperture/Flickr keyword integration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.