Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting a playlist onto iPhone

I have recorded some band rehearsals on my iPhone, synced them with iTunes via my desktop Mac, then added them to a particular playlist in iTunes. Now, when I sync my iPhone with my desktop, those particular tracks don't appear in the playlist on my phone. (Only in the voice memos list, but I don't want them there.) Other tracks in the playlist, that didn't originate from a voice memo, appear fine. How can I get the whole playlist to be added to my iPhone?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6

Posted on May 5, 2013 10:00 AM

2 replies

May 5, 2013 2:49 PM in response to ctaylorjay

If you recorded something via your phone's voice memo app, it will sync to your computer as a regular song, because of the fact that is is classified as an m4a. On your computer, you will be able to move it around from playlist to playlist. However, your phone knows that it is in fact a voice note, and not an actual music track, so you won't be able to put it in a playlist on your phone.

May 23, 2013 4:03 PM in response to ctaylorjay

I had the same problem. I "shared" the voice memos by e-mailing them to my own mail account. I then opened them with iTunes and it thinks that they are music files. Now I can group them together into albums and I can add them to playlists. After I do this I can sync them back to my iphone. It's a bit long winded but so far it's working!

getting a playlist onto iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.