Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Keep WiFi On In Sleep Mode?

I need to have my wifi stay on after iPhone goes to sleep.

The area I work has zero phone reception but good wifi. I need to be able to get my emails and messages via wifi while I am in this area.

iPhone seem to turn off wifi when it goes to sleep unless its plugged into power. Is there a way to keep my iPhone wifi active all the time without having to plug it in?

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on May 5, 2013 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2013 10:31 AM

Leave the iPhone connected to a power source, or try turning Auto-Lock to Never at Settings > General > Auto-Lock and don't manully lock the iPhone.

4 replies

May 5, 2013 10:41 AM in response to Allan Sampson

Thanks for the quick reply

I did figure out that leaving it plugged in works but was not aware of the Auto-Lock, so will have to use that when I can't be plugged in.

My old iPhone did not have this issue. I assume it's a way to save on the battery but I am loosing a needed feature. I assume then there is no option to keep wifi active all the time then?

How Do I Keep WiFi On In Sleep Mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.