Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6.1.3 on iPhone 3GS experience

Even though I was told by many people not to upgrade my iphone 3gs from 5.1.1 to ios 6.1.3 because it would make my iphone laggy, my battery life would diminish, and my overall performance would be slowed down I decided to do it . Dissmissing these warnings I updated my iphone to 6.1.3 and upon having updated my iphone ,I decided to check how things work on this new ios on my really old iDevice. Thinking that my phone would be dead slow, i came through the activation screen and came to the home screen. I started doing normal tasks such as opening calendar, app store, messages, etc I noticed that my iphone 3gs was quite faster then it used to be. Overall speed on 5.1.1 was good, but on 6.1.3 my iphone 3gs ran faster than other people claimed it would. I thought to myself maybe this is because I dont have any apps installed on 6.1.3, so i went to the appstore and installed around 20 or 25 apps that i normally use, and after having some fun with those games and apps, I noticed that the speed was the same. My 3gs was blazing fast, I was amazed. The other thing that amazed me with ios 6.1.3 is that my battery life doubled. For many people battery life on 6.1.3 diminished, but mine was doubled. For instance on 5.1.1, when I took my phone off of the charger in the morning on 100% charge, it would go to 0%, in around 13 hours of normal use. But on 6.1.3 when i unplug it from charger in the morning on 100 % , and heavily use it until I go to sleep, around 11 pm, I would still have 30- 40 % of battery life. I have been using 6.1.3 for 2 weeks now and the speed is still there, and battery life is awesome. So if you are not so sure about upgrading, I hope my experience with 6.1.3 will help you to decide whether you should upgrade or not. 🙂

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Cheers. 😉

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 5, 2013 11:26 AM

3 replies

May 5, 2013 11:51 AM in response to donniefalcone

Same here. My 32GB iPhone 3GS works great under iOS 6.1.3. Since I am the original owner of the phone, purchased in July of 2009 and it is long out of contract with AT&T, I had AT&T unlock the phone (not jail break) and my son now uses it on T-Mobile. He has a non-data pay as you go plan so he must be on WIFI to get data, but his school has it as do all his friends houses so it is no real issue. Also very cheap. Amazingly good support by Apple that an almost 4 year old phone still runs the latest and greatest OS. Does not happen with Android. Heck, many new Android phones have an old version, incredible as that may be.

iOS 6.1.3 on iPhone 3GS experience

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.