Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A Switcher

Hi
I have been looking for a laptop when i start at my new school, i have looked at different laptops, some that is a bit bigger, worse battery life and cheaper, but then i found the MacBook and theres a few questions i would like to ask.

Im going for the cheap model (i guess)
but am i really going to feel a big difference from the 1,8 to the 2,0 processor (im going to do school work, some video and photo (light jobs, not anything bug))

Can the MacBook play Civ4 with the cheap macbook with 1gb RAM

is the LCD screens known to have dead pixels?

is it better to wait a month or two before i buy it so apple can fix start errors?

that should be alle 😀

considering the MacBook Windows XP Pro Shimfs

Posted on May 30, 2006 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2006 4:06 AM

User uploaded fileYou will not notice much of a difference if at all between the two processors. To be honest you should coose models based on other functionality rather than the processor. Most importantly whether you require DVD burning or not.

According to the specs Civ IV is not compatible with the MacBook. From what I heard the PC version is not compatible with the GMA950 graphics processor either so i'm not too hopeful with the mac version. If you want absolute confirmation you may want to contact Aspyr directly.

All LCDs are known to get dead pixels. Sometimes you are lucky to get none and sometime you aren't. To be honest though the occurance of dead pixels in news screens isn't that high.

As with MacBook problems, with computer models there are problems. Some have more than others but all models from all manufacturers have something wrong with them. Fortunately, and unfortunately, we have the unique ability to talk freely about issue in a single place. Yes it does seems that certain problems are more widespread than they really are. Just remember, if you were to observe a hospital in the same way you'd think the entire popluation were sick or injured.

Basically if you feel comfortable with the model that is available today buy it. There will ALWAYS be a new model around the corner. It just comes down to how many corners you want to go around. Keep in mind that the longer you wait the longer you're without that shiny new MacBook… mmmmm … shiny!! 😉
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2006 4:06 AM in response to Shimfs

User uploaded fileYou will not notice much of a difference if at all between the two processors. To be honest you should coose models based on other functionality rather than the processor. Most importantly whether you require DVD burning or not.

According to the specs Civ IV is not compatible with the MacBook. From what I heard the PC version is not compatible with the GMA950 graphics processor either so i'm not too hopeful with the mac version. If you want absolute confirmation you may want to contact Aspyr directly.

All LCDs are known to get dead pixels. Sometimes you are lucky to get none and sometime you aren't. To be honest though the occurance of dead pixels in news screens isn't that high.

As with MacBook problems, with computer models there are problems. Some have more than others but all models from all manufacturers have something wrong with them. Fortunately, and unfortunately, we have the unique ability to talk freely about issue in a single place. Yes it does seems that certain problems are more widespread than they really are. Just remember, if you were to observe a hospital in the same way you'd think the entire popluation were sick or injured.

Basically if you feel comfortable with the model that is available today buy it. There will ALWAYS be a new model around the corner. It just comes down to how many corners you want to go around. Keep in mind that the longer you wait the longer you're without that shiny new MacBook… mmmmm … shiny!! 😉

A Switcher

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.