Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find and add missing contacts to iCloud address book?

Hi,

I have 654 contacts on All Contacts, 591 on All on My Mac and 610 on All iCloud. How do I get the full 654 contacts on all of them? Obviously it's the All iCloud that worries me.

Thanks a lot,

Raphael

iMac 21.5"-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Pages for iPhone/iPad

Posted on May 5, 2013 4:41 PM

11 replies

Jun 24, 2013 1:41 PM in response to Csound1

Actually, Applecare helped me do it elegantly which essentially consists of merging All on my Mac with All iCloud and ask the system to delete duplicates (this on takes a few iterations).

Ther's a bit more to it than I'm telling you, but it all takes about 2 minutes.

Neat.

Thanks for responding to my original call.

Jun 25, 2013 6:48 AM in response to rshammaa

rshammaa wrote:

...uh...maybe.

Actually, Applecare helped me do it elegantly which essentially consists of merging All on my Mac with All iCloud and ask the system to delete duplicates (this on takes a few iterations).

csound1 wrote:

move all contacts from On My Mac to iCloud, then use the 'Look for Duplicates' command in Contacts.

Not maybe, exactly!

But as you awarded yourself the solution there is no more to be done.

Jun 25, 2013 6:41 PM in response to Csound1

Not exactly.

Your responses in sequence:

1. Identify which contacts are missing from iCloud (45 contacts? Really? How?) and then move or copy them from On My Mac to iCloud. (Really? How?)

2. I would do it the hard way (aha...aha - NOT how I ended up doing it thankfully), look and move. (again... really? how?)

3. lastly and ... as an afterthought : move all contacts from On My Mac to iCloud, then use the 'Look for Duplicates' command in Contacts. (Really? How?)

Well-meaning certainly but ... awfully confused and confusing, and and very back-of-the envelope.

So yes, NOT exactly.

But you did try. Your way. Thank you for that.

How to find and add missing contacts to iCloud address book?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.