Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upload to Youtube a slideshow made with Keynote: it has separate video

I made my 1st slideshow with Keynote tonight, but when I exported it, or converted to a video, it was in 2 pieces! A video and a audio file. I wanted to upload it to Youtube, and I don't know how to do it. Youtube has a "Video Editor" but I couldn't get it to work. I wish Keynote would export like iPhoto and produce a video that has the sound included (but iPhoto isn't so good for including text). Do I have to put Keynote slideshows into iMovie to add sound?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 5, 2013 11:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2013 6:58 AM

Hey blckhed,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. You can easily get your slideshow to YouTube. The following article will assist you in the process.

Keynote '09: Publishing to YouTube

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3368

The area you are looking for is: Choose Share > Send To > YouTube

Regards,

-Norm G.

2 replies

May 9, 2013 10:00 AM in response to norm123

Hi Norm123,

I came across these or similar instructions in the Keynote Help, but wasn't able to make them work when uploading to Youtube, because I tried doing it directly to the Youtube site. I imported the video made with Keynote into iMovie, and then added the soundtrack. I then discovered the ability to upload from iMovie directly to Youtube, and now, with your suggestion I realize the same can be done from Keynote.

Thanks.

How to upload to Youtube a slideshow made with Keynote: it has separate video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.