Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messaging is blank & frozen

When I click on my text message icon it goes to a blank screen

And it looks like its frozen. Everything else works fine.

I was sending pictures & my battery died after I charged it I

Went to my text I con and it pulls up a blank whit screen. What can

I do to fix this? I have reset it twice. I eased all data & reset it and its

Still blank & white. It shows I have 2 messages but I can't get them.

Can anyone tell me what I can do?

iPhone 4

Posted on May 5, 2013 11:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2013 12:14 AM

What kind of rest have you done?

Have you just switched it off and on or have you done this ?

Reset your iPhone by pressing the 'Sleep' and 'Home' button at the same time for about 15 seconds or so. Your iPhone will then go through a reset / reboot procedure and will be ready for use within about a minute.

Don't worry about doing this as you will not lose data or settings.

Good luck and do report back.

If this does not work then do a restore on your iPhone by clicking of restore in iTunes.

If this does not work then do a full reset on your iPhone - by resetting everything but make sure that you have backed up your data first.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2013 12:14 AM in response to Tonya143

What kind of rest have you done?

Have you just switched it off and on or have you done this ?

Reset your iPhone by pressing the 'Sleep' and 'Home' button at the same time for about 15 seconds or so. Your iPhone will then go through a reset / reboot procedure and will be ready for use within about a minute.

Don't worry about doing this as you will not lose data or settings.

Good luck and do report back.

If this does not work then do a restore on your iPhone by clicking of restore in iTunes.

If this does not work then do a full reset on your iPhone - by resetting everything but make sure that you have backed up your data first.

Text messaging is blank & frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.