Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I scroll one full page at a time using the mouse wheel?

I've had this problem for 3 years now. When I nudge my scroll wheel (IntelliMouse Optical) one notch forward or back, Safari moves 1/4 of a page up or down. How can I get one nudge of the scroll wheel to move one full page up or down? Firefox has an add-on, SmoothWheel, that can be set to a full page. Are there any options for doing this in Safari, without having to go to the keyboard? I tried Smart Wheel, no setting for that.

Any ideas? thanks

p.s. Please don't tell me to get another mouse, I've tried dozens of them and the old IntelliMouse Optical is the best one for me. (I'm also stuck on an ancient Apple M2980 keyboard. I love those old keyboards.)

Mac Pro 2X-Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.8 GHz MA970LL/A

OS X 10.8.3

Memory: 10 GB

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

Safari 6.03

Posted on May 6, 2013 12:59 AM

4 replies

How can I scroll one full page at a time using the mouse wheel?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.