Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook stuck charging at 99% in sleepmode and when using

Hi when i use my macbook it stops charging at 99% then i says 0:00 unt fully charge when in use or in sleepmode. but when it shutdown it fully charges and turns green on the charger. how can i fix this i have a early white macbook running 10.6.8

Posted on May 6, 2013 3:35 AM

1 reply

May 8, 2013 7:18 AM in response to detour12

Hey detour12,

I found an article that looks like it applies to your situation:

Mac notebooks: Battery may not show a full charge in Mac OS X

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1909

It notes the following:

Some Mac notebooks (MacBook) may not show the battery as 100 percent charged in Mac OS X, even when the power adapter is connected. The battery may appear to stop charging between 93 percent and 99 percent.

This is normal. The batteries used in these computers are designed to avoid short discharge/charge cycles in order to prolong the overall life of the battery.

When setting the Mac OS X battery status menu bar icon to display charge state by percentage, you may notice that the reported charge stays between 93 or 95 percent and 99 percent.

The adapter will not charge the battery to 100% automatically if it will add additional wear to the battery.

Cheers,

David

macbook stuck charging at 99% in sleepmode and when using

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.