Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do not disturb .silent mode. Alarms

Please do not reply if you are going to have mini debates I would just like straight info or I will stop using this service it's REALLY ANNOYING ok sorry .. Does the alarm clock still go off if in do not disturb mode also when I answer a contact will I need to remember to press the top button again for it to go back into dndmode because I answered my girlfriend and put the phone down went to sleep and got woken up by a random text I have it just on contacts only and no schedule one more thing because k switched on the silent button because of this will my set alarm go off in silent mode..

Posted on May 6, 2013 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2013 6:18 AM

If you have an alarm set in the built in clock app, it will always sound, regardless of whether you have it in DND mode, the mute switch on, etc. The only thing that will prevent it from sounding is completely powering the phone off.

I'm not sure I understand your other question. If you're not using a schedule for DND, and you turn it on, it will kick in whenever the phone is in standby (screen asleep). If the phone was still awake, then that would explain why another text came through.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2013 6:18 AM in response to Tropical 101

If you have an alarm set in the built in clock app, it will always sound, regardless of whether you have it in DND mode, the mute switch on, etc. The only thing that will prevent it from sounding is completely powering the phone off.

I'm not sure I understand your other question. If you're not using a schedule for DND, and you turn it on, it will kick in whenever the phone is in standby (screen asleep). If the phone was still awake, then that would explain why another text came through.

May 6, 2013 6:29 AM in response to KiltedTim

Thanks for first part, the other part was the schedule mode is switched off and not really relevant just letting people know it was so was more informative .. The real question was my girlfriend phoned me up when I had dnd on which was fine cap I allowed for that when I put contacts only but when I put the phone back down after her call I fell asleep and a random text woke me I thought I would have had to switch dnd off for it to not work but just answering a contact seems to deactivate it . I think I have to click the top button after any call in this mode for dnd to activate seemed odd though am I right

Do not disturb .silent mode. Alarms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.