Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

installing fcp x and fcp7 2 min hang up

I have FCS 7 on my mac already and have followed the steps apple suggested for installing FCP x and FCP7 on same startup disc. When downloading FCPx it installs all the way up to the end and then it stops and is stuck with 2 min left on fcp x install.

It's been sitting here with 2 min left for about an hour now. I've tried the install 2 different times and it hangs up at the same place.

Any suggestions?

Posted on May 6, 2013 10:13 AM

5 replies

May 6, 2013 11:20 AM in response to cougars89

Just guessing . . . . . before you try to download it again, completely uninstall it using

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcsremover/

Make sure you deselect everything except FCP X or you will delete FCP 7 etc. as well!

There are 2 ways of installing both apps:-

1. Leave FCP 7 in the Applications folder, in which case FCP X will be installed in an automatically created folder named Final Cut Pro X inside the Applications folder.

2. Put FCP 7 and any other associated FCS apps in a folder you create called Final Cut Studio inside the Applications folder and then download FCP X.

Try whichever method you have not yet used.

Sep 6, 2013 5:58 PM in response to dawnhowes

The two coexist quite peacefully unless you try to open one version and forget you have the other open. Even then, you just get a message instructing you to close the open app.

I have been very interested in this question of separate partitions vs one partition and I've not come across any feedback from actual users that suggested that installing both on a single partition was a bad idea. Nor have I had any conflicts on three separate systems using a single partition.

Of course, it's advised to follow the recommended steps, which are here.

Russ

Sep 6, 2013 5:58 PM in response to dawnhowes

dawnhowes wrote:

what are the differences between the two choicess of installing both apps? Why would one be a better choice over the other?

You've got to be careful when both apps are installed on the machine. Others can give you specifics.

As far as which is a better "choice." Oh, boy... You've opened a can o' worms... this is THE debate. My 2 cents: FCPX is the future. Be warned: X is a completely NEW software vs. legacy FCP. You've got to go into X with a new mindset. It's a new paradigm--trackless, magnetic, etc.

But, I've grown to love the software. It works.

Good luck.

installing fcp x and fcp7 2 min hang up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.