Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud tabs "still" not working

"icloud automatically shows all the open tabs on your other devices"

except it does not???

it gives me the above text even with 5 tabs open on iphone

bookmarks sync fine and have always synced

but this cloud tabs junk has never worked

iphone4s and imac both signed into same icloud account

prefrences/settings/icloud all turned on for safari

not using private browsing on either

using latest ios6 and latest mountain lion

"it just works" ???

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on May 6, 2013 11:06 AM

5 replies

May 8, 2013 8:49 AM in response to leetut

Hello leetut,

I found an article that outlines how to access the tabs on your computer that are open on your phone. It sounds like you have it all setup correctly with Safari turned on in the iCloud settings on both devices with the same AppleID.

the name of the article is Safari 6 (OS X Mountain Lion): See your tabs from iCloud found here: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11950.

If you have iCloud store your Safari bookmarks and Reading List, you can open the Safari tabs that are open on your other iCloud-connected devices. iCloud stores bookmarks together with a list of tabs that are open on each device.

1. Open Safari if it is not already open.
  2. Click the iCloud Tabs button, and then click a tab you want to open.The iCloud Tabs button appears only if the Safari service is turned on in iCloud preferences.User uploaded file

(located at the top left of the Safari window.)

Safari doesn’t send your tabs to iCloud if you turn on Private Browsing.

and from the iPhone Users Guide, http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf, at the top of page 56 it outlines how to access iCloud tabs.

See webpages you have open on your other devices: Tap , then tap iCloud Tabs. To share webpages you have open on iPhone with your other devices using iCloud Tabs, go to Settings > iCloud and turn on Safari.

All the best,

Sterling

Jul 5, 2013 3:17 AM in response to sterling r

i dont have private browsing turned on (like i already said)

"Click the iCloud Tabs button, and then click a tab you want to open"

is impossible because there is nothing in there (like i already said)

all the icloud tab contains is this notice "icloud automatically shows all the open tabs on your other devices"

it should be showing the 2 tabs i have open on my iphone

your reply just made me angry more than anything, like all the pointless stupid replies apple gives, that insinuate us users are stupid lol

but thanks for replying anyway

iCloud tabs "still" not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.