Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore an individual iphoto event from a time machine backup in Lion

How can I restore an individual iphoto event from a time machine backup using Lion.

Thanks

MAC BOOK, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on May 6, 2013 10:41 AM

7 replies

May 6, 2013 11:52 AM in response to preflyt

If you know the file names of the photos you want to restore you can use Find Any File to search your Time Machine hard drive for that file. When it is found you can drag it from the search window to the Desktop and import into iPhoto from there.

Due to the nature of the Time Machine backup structure each search can take a while. The search results window will look like this:

User uploaded file

Nov 25, 2016 8:34 AM in response to LarryHN

Thank you. One more thing. Where do I find the master, vs. the photo library? Also, do I just drag and drop to the desktop? I don't want to overwrite my current library.

This is the first time I've attempted to bring something back. Have full backups, had to let apple store wipe my hard drive for diagnostic & now I'm attempting to find about 15,000 photographs that were divided between iPhoto and aperture.

Restore an individual iphoto event from a time machine backup in Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.