Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

facebook has blocked me and tells me to run anti-virus software

Today I was updating one of my Facebook pages for business and I got an error message. I had uploaded a new cover photo to my FB page and was attempting to edit the info about the photo, along with a link to my website, using Google URL shortener. The FB message popped up because what I had typed "looked spammy". I was immediately logged out of FB and when I attempt to log back in, I get this message:

Run Anti-Virus Software

Your computer has been infected with a virus or with malware. You should run anti-virus software to remove these harmful programs and keep your information secure.

I've run a software update on my Mac and restarted it. Still cannot log back in to FB. Any other ideas out there?

UPDATE: I clicked the box that certifies that I have run anti-virus software (even though I haven't) and was able to log in. Seems that problem is solved, for now.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 6, 2013 12:13 PM

2 replies

facebook has blocked me and tells me to run anti-virus software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.