Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ideal drives setup for running Logic???

Hello,

I just purchased an internal 256GB Samsung 840 pro SSD drive. I have an external Firewire 800 2 TB external hard drive (7200 rpm) as well. What would be the ideal setup for running Logic?

Thanks!

2011 iMac 27", 16 GB of RAM, Logic Pro 9.1.8, OS X 10.7.5

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 6, 2013 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2013 2:16 AM

Samples & Logic on SDD drive, Logic Project folders on FW drive.

7 replies

May 7, 2013 5:16 AM in response to cauchy

Ignoring backup (which you must also adress, drives all fail, it's not if they fail but when yadayada). But, assuming that you've got your backup strategy in place, I'd use one disk for recording (=Logic Project Folders), one disk to store samples and loops (except a few gigs of the stock EXS samples, leave them on the sysdisk) just put your 3rd party (big) sample libraries on the dedicated samples disk.

May 8, 2013 5:02 AM in response to Eriksimon

Thanks.

Already talked to the tech doing the installation and he said I can stay on Lion. 🙂

Going to get rid of the optical drive, like you suggested, and keep the internal HDD to work in conjunction with the SSD. So, I'll put my OS X and Logic on the SSD, samples on the internal HDD, and project folders on the external firewire drive. Is this what you suggest? Did I miss anything?

Ideal drives setup for running Logic???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.